Drug InfoNet.com
Ask the Expert
Drug Information
Disease Information
Health News
Health Info
Panel Registration
Healthcare Orgs
Medical Refs
Gov't Sites
Med Schools
Special Offers

Drug Infonet provides drug and disease information for your healthcare needs. Visit our FAQ page to find answers to common health questions. Look on the Manufacturer Info page to link to pharmaceutical company pages. Click to Health Info and Health News for the latest in healthcare developments.

Drug Infonet brings this free resource to you so that you become a more informed consumer of healthcare.

Doctors' Answers to "Frequently Asked Questions" - Penile Problems

These comments are made for the purpose of discussion and should NOT be used as recommendations for or against therapies or other treatments. An indi vidual patient is always advised to consult their own physician.

[posted 04/26/2000]
Question: I have had re-occuring rash on my penis for several years and have never had a definite diagnosis. Smear tests were inconclusive. I was told it was possibly Reiter's Syndrome by one doctor, and the latest doctor said it was a fungus. None of the treatment creams seem to work. Detol applied works for a period of time, but this stings and all the skin peels. Eventually the rash reappears. We thought it was connected to possible yeast infection that my wife may have had, but she is non-symptomatic, and has never been found to have any std etc. The rash appears without sexual contact. It does have a blister-like appearance when it first shows up, and there seems to be a center to the blisters(or nucleus). The blisters are not painful, but become inflamed with washing or detol treatment.
The onset of this condition was at the same time I punctured my foot with a nail (and was treated with a tetnus shot). Also this was the same time I began my relationship with my wife, although she had never had any symptoms or problems.
What can be the cause of this condition, and what are the possible treatments??
Thank you.

Answer: Sounds like herpes, I'd get them viral cultured when they blister to confirm it. Reiter's would not present like this usually.

[posted 10/15/1999]
Question: I have little bumps all around the base of my penis and over my scrotum. They resemble chicken skin and look like small pinples but dont rupture. I have had them since before I had any sexual contact with anyone. They are always there with no ruptures or outbreaks. They appear to be inside of the hair follicle at the base of my pubic hairs. I have seen this same thing in many adult movies and others with smooth scrotums. What is this condition and is it normal? Is it any type of STD and is it transmittable? I have never had any pain or discharges and the bumps don't come and go.

Answer: Probably nothing of concern. Could be herpes, but these are more blister like and painful. Normal variant.

Back to Drug InfoNet Home Page.

Back to Doctor FAQ main page.

FAQ Drug Info Disease Info Manufacturer Info Health Care News Health Info Become Panelist Health Care Orgs Medical References Government Sites Hospital Sites Medical Schools
Contact | Site Map | Search | Disclaimer | Mission Statement

© 1996-2005 DRUG INFONET, Inc. All rights reserved.